1. wear shoes with friction. It is slippery.
2. wear warm enough because you will visit at night in the mountain area, which is colder than Beijing
3. No a lot of walking or climbing is involved. It is sutable for both children and older people.
4. It's a good idea to pack yourself a picnic since there are no food & hot drink stalls, only two mediocre touristic restaurants nearby.
5. All cars and buses have to stop at the parking area, which is quite some distance to the entrance, and transfer to their golf cars (RMB 10 two ways transport) to the park. Or you have to walk 20 minutes in the cold dark night.
For minimal hassle, book a place on a tour with CCC , which includes transport, hot drinks, entrance fee, golf car ticekt, and access to the toboggans.
Bus leaves from the China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, and returns to CCC the same night at around 10pm.