asdfasdfFujian province is China's south eastern most provinces in the mainland facing Taiwan across the strait. The journey starts from Xiamen, beautiful seaport city with Gulangyu Island. Vehicle-free Gulangyu, a few minutes away by ferry, is all pleasant strolls and quiet back streets full of best-preserved collection of colonial mansions - brilliant bougainvillea. Then we drive into the villages in the mountains south and west of Fujian for the magical Chinese architecture Tu Lou, the earthen buildings of Hakkas people.
Fujian province is China's south eastern most provinces in the mainland facing Taiwan across the strait. The journey starts from Xiamen, beautiful seaport city with Gulangyu Island; then drive into the villages in the mountains south and west of Fujian for the magical Chinese architecture Tu Lou, the earthen buildings of Hakkas.
Earthern Round House (Tulou)
The unadorned tu lou are either round or square, and huge (10-17 meters' high); and were designed as a fortress and apartment building in one. The structures typically had only one entranceway and no windows at ground level. Each floor served a different function - the first hosts a well and livestock, the second is for food storage and the third and higher floors contain living spaces.
Hakka people still live in the houses, you can see the everyday scene of the residents: elderly and children alike, full of life: chicken, ducks and dogs, and people cooking, washing clothes and working in the houses. The houses are nestled in beautiful villages and landscape (rivers, rich trees and blossom and very pleasant weather.
Xiamen City is one of the top ten most advanced cities in China and a famous seaport city. Vehicle-free Gulangyu, a few minutes away by ferry, is all pleasant strolls and quiet back streets full of best-preserved collection of colonial mansions - brilliant bougainvillea.
* Unique earthen houses, huge and beautiful, nested in lush forest and mountains.
* One of the most famous and charming islands in China opposite Taiwan
Earthen round Buildings and Xiamen City are located in the subtropical area. So it is never too cold to visit this area, but it will be muddy roads to Hakka villages if you visit in its rainy seasons from January to February; and you may meet landslides in summer.
Shanghai Hongqiao - Xiamen (FM9253 08:05-9:35)
Other locales: we welcome those to join us from other locales and meet us in Xiamen.
- Upon arrival, take coach (190 km east of Xiamen, 4 hours) to southern Fujian across the mountains to explore the unique earth houses and Hakka people's life and customs. The Hakka people still live in these houses. We will have lunch in the middle of our journey.
- First drive along the picturesque villages to the Tianluo Keng earthen building group, regarded as the most beautiful and unique earthen building by local people. Viewed from the above, they look like a blooming Chinese plum flower.
- Then continue the drive further into the mountains until we arrive the hidden village, then take a moderate( 2-3 km) hike through the fruit garden and tea plantation, arrive at the "Taichi watertown" village.
- Check in the Round Hakka guesthouse at Taxia Village, stay overnight in this very mysterious and fascinating earthen house, relax and enjoy the serene evening.
(Lunch, dinner included)
- Visit Chengqi house featuring the most ring layers in the morning.
- Arrive in Chuxi in the morning, explore its wonders of oriental architecture. Some famous buildings include: Jiqing(oldest round earthen house, has been kept intact, and functioned as the Hakka people’s history museum),
- Take a moderate hike up to the tea plantation to enjoy a beautiful view of the group of Hakka buildings dotted all over this beautiful mountainous sub-tropical area.
- Return to Xiamen by coach.
- Have seafood for dinner and stay overnight at the Hotel Pullman Xiamen Powerlong. (5-star hotel)
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
- After breakfast at the hotel, ferry to Gulangyu Island, Xiamen's foreign concession until World War II and retains the architecture and ambience of that former time. With the piano music floating out of houses in the lanes, we will explore on foot various points of interest which are scattered around the island and enjoy the peace and quiet of a bygone era.
- Take ferry back to the city and transfer to the airport and fly out.
Xiamen to Beijing (arrival around 7pm)
Xiamen to Shanghai Hongqiao (arrival around 8-9pm)
(Breakfast, lunch included)
- Please note that the flights or timing of flights mentioned in the above itinerary may change subject to ticket availability and airline scheduling. Alternative hotels of similiar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
Beijing price: RMB 6200 Single Supplement: RMB 550
Shanghai price: RMB 5200 Single Supplement: RMB 550
Children ages 2-4 pay 50% of total tour price. (Single supplement would be applied if there is a need of extra bed)
Children ages 5-7 pay 60% of total tour price.
Children ages 8-11 pay 80% of total tour price.
Children ages under 2 pay nothing for the tour but may incur the transport costs listed below:
Train tickets cost:
If they require their own berthat on the train they will have to purchase an adult ticket
10% of adult ticket if the child does not require his/her own seat
50% of adult ticket if the child requires his/her own seat
CCC calculates its trip prices and books its trip accommodations based on dual-occupancy rooms. Therefore, single travelers who is booking this trip as a lone passenger, and for whom CCC cannot find a room-mate when booking or paying for the trip, will have to pay the “Single supplement”. Should a room-mate be found, the Single Supplement paid shall be refunded.
CCC services include:
--Flights Beijing-Xiamen-Beijing or flights Shanghai-Xiamen-Shanghai
--2 nights' accommodation (1 night in 5-star hotel in Xia'men; 1 night inside the Hakka Earthen House, authentic experience)
--Transfers in customary air conditioned coaches
--Entrance fee for all sights mentioned in the program and ferry boat fee
--All sightseeing and transfers with one CCC English-speaking tour leader & one local English-speaking tour guide
--Gratuities to the guide and driver
--Local travel insurance
Payment Terms and Conditions
Payment must be received before published deadline to receive corresponding price. Please refer to the following terms and conditions associated with each method of payment:
Payment at office: CCC must receive the amount (Cash or from credit card) before the published deadline to receive corresponding price.
Credit card: If paying by international credit card authorization form (moto form), CCC must receive your form 2 days before the published deadline in order to have time to process it, and for funds to be received on/by the published deadline.(click to view details)
Bank Transfer: CCC now requires that your payment must be transferred into Chinese RMB before you wire your bank transfer. We must receive a copy of the bank transfer receipt before the published deadline in order to guarantee your price.
Last minute booking: CCC cannot guarantee that we will be able to reserve tickets and rooms at this late stage but we will try our best. Thank you for your understanding.
CCC will respond to every email concerning payment immediately. If you do not hear from us this may indicate that we may not have received your email and we would advise you to call us to confirm. We cannot guarantee that we receive every email so the onus is on you to ensure we receive the payment information before the published deadlines. Thank you for your understanding.