asdfasdfGuizhou of Southwest China has long been remote, stagnant and backward, however, unspoiled by tourism development as seen in surrounding provinces such as Guangxi, Yunnan and Sichuan. Its relative isolation has made the region one of the best kept secrets in China; its stunning landscape, characterized by limestone karst hills, jagged peaks and terraced rice fields, as well as its colorful ethnic minority cultures that have made Guizhou a paradise for anthropologists, photographers and adventurous travelers.
This 4-day tour will go into mountains and valleys of Yungui Plateau to explore several charming nature villages, hike the fields and hills of remote villages and organize one-night homestay in the village houses.
This is an off-the-beaten track tour of CCC to explore some authentic and unknown minority ethnic villages of this already remote and backward province of Guizhou in southwest of China. Meet the people doing their daily works (weaving, embroidering, planting, feeding animals, doing other house works all outside of home in the villages), take some hike over the rice terrace and pass through wood, stay two nights in the village and visit some traditional handicraft workshops.
You will experience authentic village life of minority people, colorful clothing, beautiful landscapes and unique wooden buildings, and pleasant sub-tropical area of southwest of China.
Day 1: Fly into Guiyang / Kaili
- Beijing departure: Beijing -- Guiyang by air about 09:00--12:00
- Shanghai departure: Shanghai Hongqiao -- Guiyang by air about 09:05--11:30.
- Other locales: we welcome those to join us from other locales and meet us in Guiyang.
- Arrive at Guiyang Airport and take 3 hours' drive to transfer to Kaili, capital of Southeast Guizhou Ethnic Regions.
- Drive 40 minutes to a Zhouxi Miao Ethnic village nested on the rice terrace, where the local villagers are weaving on their looms or hand-weave threads into colorful fabric.
- Then head to another village for paper-making workshop. The workers are making rice paper for traditional scroll painting or special paper for trade marks.
- Return to Kaili and stay overnight in a hotel.
(Lunch, dinner included)
Day 2: Kaili / Explore unique and authentic Miao Villages / Miao Village Homestay
- Drive one hour to a very unique ethnic village, where people wear armour-like clothes. They are regarded by historians as the 57 ethnic group of China (Officially China has 56 ethnic people), but not officially listed.
- Drive to a Long-skirt Miao village and stay overnight in a village man's wooden building to gain a real experience of the local life and village scenery within the rice terrace .
CCC arranges clean bedding in the local wooden houses - two beds in a room; western sitting style toilets and showers are available in the wooden building.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
Day 3: Miao Village / hike across the rice terrace hill from one Miao Village to another
- Walk around in this Long-skirt Miao people's villages (Women wear long-skirts in this village). Visit their hundred-year old traditional granary and listen to their old folk sing-along.
- In the afternoon, have a 2-3 hours moderate hike from one Miao village to another by climbing cross the rice terrace hill along the paddy path (some section of the trail is steep).
- Stay another night in the village.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
Day 4: Leishan / Another two Miao Village visits / Leishan / Guiyang Airport / Fly Out
- Visit a famous Miao traditional musical instrument master's studio and watch him making lusheng - traditional Chinese musical instrument with multiple bamboo pipes.
- Explore special Miao villages for short-skirt Miao people and their unique granary on water.
- Have lunch.
- Drive 3.5 hours to Guiyang.
- Transfer to Guiyang Airport and fly out.
(Breakfast, lunch included)
- Please note that the flights or timing of flights mentioned in the above itinerary may change subject to ticket availability and airline scheduling. Alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
- About the homestay, it is a wooden building in a Miao Village, the extra rooms are available for receiving his guests, not hostel or nongjia le style guest house. Two beds in one room; shower and toilets are not available in the room but in the building.
- It's Miao custom that visiting men and women sleep in separate rooms. Because of this, during our stay with the Miao, couples--even married ones--will not be able to share a room.
- Single Supplement on this tour only applies to the first night in Kaili, the rest two nights, you will have to share the room with other CCC client(same gender).
Beijing price: RMB 6800 Single Supplement: RMB 550
Shanghai price: RMB 6300 Single Supplement: RMB 550
Children ages 2-4 pay 50% of total tour price. (Single supplement would be applied if there is a need of extra bed)
Children ages 5-7 pay 60% of total tour price.
Children ages 8-11 pay 80% of total tour price.
Children ages under 2 pay nothing for the tour but may incur the transport costs listed below:
Train tickets cost:
If they require their own berthat on the train they will have to purchase an adult ticket
10% of adult ticket if the child does not require his/her own seat
50% of adult ticket if the child requires his/her own seat
CCC calculates its trip prices and books its trip accommodations based on dual-occupancy rooms. Therefore, single travelers who is booking this trip as a lone passenger, and for whom CCC cannot find a room-mate when booking or paying for the trip, will have to pay the “Single supplement”. Should a room-mate be found, the Single Supplement paid shall be refunded.
CCC services include:
--Round flights(economy class) Beijing/Shanghai - Guiyang.(Business and First Class are available upon request and at an additional cost)
--1 night in 4-star hotel, 2 nights in the wooden building of a villager's home in a Miao village.
--Transfers in customary air conditioned coaches
--Entrance fee for all sights mentioned in the program
--All sightseeing and transfers with one CCC English-speaking tour leader & one local English-speaking tour guide
--Gratuities to the guide and driver
--Local travel insurance
Payment Terms and Conditions
Payment must be received before published deadline to receive corresponding price. Please refer to the following terms and conditions associated with each method of payment:
Payment at office: CCC must receive the amount (Cash or from credit card) before the published deadline to receive corresponding price.
Credit card: If paying by international credit card authorization form (moto form), CCC must receive your form 2 days before the published deadline in order to have time to process it, and for funds to be received on/by the published deadline.(click to view details)
Bank Transfer: CCC now requires that your payment must be transferred into Chinese RMB before you wire your bank transfer. We must receive a copy of the bank transfer receipt before the published deadline in order to guarantee your price.
Last minute booking: CCC cannot guarantee that we will be able to reserve tickets and rooms at this late stage but we will try our best. Thank you for your understanding.
CCC will respond to every email concerning payment immediately. If you do not hear from us this may indicate that we may not have received your email and we would advise you to call us to confirm. We cannot guarantee that we receive every email so the onus is on you to ensure we receive the payment information before the published deadlines. Thank you for your understanding.