asdfasdfLuoyang lies in the "centre of the loess" near to the south of the Yellow River in Henan province. For several centuries, Luoyang was the center of China, a major cradle of Chinese civilization. Luoyang has Longmen Grottoes, one of the 4 most famous Buddhist grottoes in China with over one hundred thousand Buddha figures in more than twenty three hundred niches carved on the hill; Luoyang is also known for its famous Shaolin Temple on Songshan Mountain - the cradle of Shaolin Kung Fu and the number one Buddhist temple in China. The annual peony fair in April exhibits over 350 varieties of peony, national flower of China.
The Annual Peony Fair in April
A flower of elegance and poise, peony is emblem flower of Luoyang, and once emblem flower of China during imperial China era. The annual Peony Fair is from April 5- May 5 (but the prime time for blossom is between April 10-28). The hotel is much more expensive than other months of the year. Over 350 varieties of peony are cultivated in several peony gardens of Luoyang. When the flower blooms each April, Luoyang celebrates with a month-long floral display, street entertainment, lantern shows, exhibitions of traditional Chinese calligraphy, painting, photography and symposiums.
The Six Horses Chariots Museum
A newly excavated emperors' pit where a dozen of chariots and scores of horses were found dating back to 770 BC East Zhou Dynasty. Other valuable bronze and pottery articles were available as well. The pit was discovered by the construction workers recently when they built the city center square.
* Longmen Grottoes, one of the four most famous Buddist grottes in China.
* the famous Shaolin Temple and martial arts school visit
* The annual peony fair in April with over 360 varieties of peony, national flower of China.
Day 1 Arrive in Luoyang/ Longmen Grottoes / Peony Fair
Beijing travelers: Take the high speed train to Luoyang.(7:05--11:07)
Shanghai travelers: Fly from Shanghai Hongqiao to Luoyang (08:05--9:40 )
Other locales: we welcome those to join us from other locales and meet us in Luoyang.
- Upon arrival, transfer to coach and drive to the Longmen Grottoes, UNESCO-listed world heritage site in 2000.
It is one of the 4 most famous Buddhist grottoes in China with over one hundred thousand Buddha figures in more than twenty three hundred niches carved on the hill.
- After lunch, visit the annual Peony Fair (from April 5- May 5, but the prime time for blossom is between April 10-28) .
A flower of elegance and poise, Peony is emblem flower of Luoyang, and once emblem flower of China during the imperial China era.
Over 350 varieties of peony are cultivated in the Suitangcheng Yizhi Botanical Garden. When the flower blooms each April, Luoyang celebrates with a month-long floral display, street entertainment, lantern shows, exhibitions of traditional Chinese calligraphy, painting, photography and symposiums.
(Lunch, dinner included)
Day 2 Kungfu school and Shaolin Temple / Depart
- Drive 1.5 hours to the Songshan Mountain, visit a non-governmental Kungfu training boarding school, we will see kids aged from 4-15 practice Kunfu, and also visit their cateen and dormitory.
- Have vegetarian meal in a restaurant in a nunnery, in the yard under the wisterial flowers.(seasonal)
- Visit the famous Shaolin Temple, the cradle of Shaolin Kung Fu and one of the most famous Buddhist temple in China. Now it serves as a center for Zen Buddhism research and development.
The temple has been quite touristy but is still worth visiting.
- Take a walk to the Forest of Pagodas in the back of Shaolin Temple.
- Drive to Zhengzhou, capital city of Henan and depart.
Zhengzhou - Beijing high speed train 18:53-- 21:51
Zhengzhou - Shanghai Hongiqiao flight 19:00 - 20:30
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
- Please note that the flights or timing of flights mentioned in the above itinerary may change subject to ticket availability and airline scheduling. Alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
Beijing price: RMB 2900 Single Supplement: RMB 400
Shanghai price: RMB 3950 Single Supplement: RMB 400
Children ages 2-4 pay 50% of total tour price. (Single supplement would be applied if there is a need of extra bed)
Children ages 5-7 pay 60% of total tour price.
Children ages 8-11 pay 80% of total tour price.
Children ages under 2 pay nothing for the tour but may incur the transport costs listed below:
Train tickets cost:
If they require their own berthat on the train they will have to purchase an adult ticket
10% of adult ticket if the child does not require his/her own seat
50% of adult ticket if the child requires his/her own seat
CCC calculates its trip prices and books its trip accommodations based on dual-occupancy rooms. Therefore, single travelers who is booking this trip as a lone passenger, and for whom CCC cannot find a room-mate when booking or paying for the trip, will have to pay the “Single supplement”. Should a room-mate be found, the Single Supplement paid shall be refunded.
CCC services include:
Payment Terms and Conditions
Payment must be received before published deadline to receive corresponding price. Please refer to the following terms and conditions associated with each method of payment:
Payment at office: CCC must receive the amount (Cash or from credit card) before the published deadline to receive corresponding price.
Credit card: If paying by international credit card authorization form (moto form), CCC must receive your form 2 days before the published deadline in order to have time to process it, and for funds to be received on/by the published deadline.(click to view details)
Bank Transfer: CCC now requires that your payment must be transferred into Chinese RMB before you wire your bank transfer. We must receive a copy of the bank transfer receipt before the published deadline in order to guarantee your price.
Last minute booking: CCC cannot guarantee that we will be able to reserve tickets and rooms at this late stage but we will try our best. Thank you for your understanding.
CCC will respond to every email concerning payment immediately. If you do not hear from us this may indicate that we may not have received your email and we would advise you to call us to confirm. We cannot guarantee that we receive every email so the onus is on you to ensure we receive the payment information before the published deadlines. Thank you for your understanding.