On this weekend trip (by coach) to Yu County or Yuxian, part of Zhangjiakou City in Hebei Province, we will visit some old pagodas and pavillions, well-preserved Taoist temple with 400 years-old murals, and Nuanquan old town, a well-preserved castle, the earthen rampart walls of which remain in some spots. The Nuanquan town still retains the old nothern rural China atmosphere.
One highlight in Yu County is the outdoor performance of the first evening - Da Shu Hua (literally beating tree flowers), a hundreds-year old local tradition that the molten iron are flung against the castle walls to create firework display!
On the second day, we will visit an off-the-beaten track old village and castle in the suburb as well as paper-cutting viliage old temple with murals. The local gala shows and folk performances will be on during the Chinese New Year in and out of the Nuanquan old town.
The Jimingyi,or Cock Crows Post Town in translation, is on the way back to Beijing. But CCC skips it as it is similar to two castles of the trip, and is not authentic compared to the one CCC discovered in the suburb.
The coach will depart from CCC office at 8:00am and be back the next day at around 6:00pm.
- Board on the coach at CCC at 08:00 and depart for Yu County
- Arrive at the Yu County at around 11:30, check in the hotel and have lunch.
- Drive to Nuanquan old town of Yu County. It is a foress-like castle, the earthen rampart walls of which remain in some spots.
- Watch opera and folk dances on the oepn-air stage.
- Mount on the wall and gate tower for a view of the old town- alleys lined with old houses near the hundreds year old city gate, get down to visit pavilions and pagodas.
- Attend the night show - unique hundreds-year old tradition of molten metal fireworks - Da Shu Hua (beat the tree flowers). Farmers carry barrels of hot molten iron and fling them high against the wall, creating a firework display and illuminating the whole earthen castle.
- Dinner and stay overnight in a local 4-star hotel.
(Lunch, dinner included)
- Have breakfast at the hotel and check out.
- Visit the "Jade Emperor" Taoist Temple situated on top of the castle and the 400 years old murals within.
- Join the New Year gala show and dance on the central square of Yu County.
- Visit the paper-cutting village.
- After lunch, drive out of the Yu County and explore an off-the-beaten track village and castle on the way back to Beijing.
- Arrive in Beijing at around 6pm.
(Breakfast, lunch included)
- Alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
Beijing price: RMB 1950 Single Supplement: RMB 250
Shanghai price: RMB Single Supplement: RMB
Children ages 2-4 pay 50% of total tour price. (Single supplement would be applied if there is a need of extra bed)
Children ages 5-7 pay 60% of total tour price.
Children ages 8-11 pay 80% of total tour price.
Children ages under 2 pay nothing for the tour but may incur the transport costs listed below:
Train tickets cost:
If they require their own berthat on the train they will have to purchase an adult ticket
10% of adult ticket if the child does not require his/her own seat
50% of adult ticket if the child requires his/her own seat
CCC calculates its trip prices and books its trip accommodations based on dual-occupancy rooms. Therefore, single travelers who is booking this trip as a lone passenger, and for whom CCC cannot find a room-mate when booking or paying for the trip, will have to pay the “Single supplement”. Should a room-mate be found, the Single Supplement paid shall be refunded.
CCC services include:
Payment Terms and Conditions
Payment must be received before published deadline to receive corresponding price. Please refer to the following terms and conditions associated with each method of payment:
Payment at office: CCC must receive the amount (Cash or from credit card) before the published deadline to receive corresponding price.
Credit card: If paying by international credit card authorization form (moto form), CCC must receive your form 2 days before the published deadline in order to have time to process it, and for funds to be received on/by the published deadline.(click to view details)
Bank Transfer: CCC now requires that your payment must be transferred into Chinese RMB before you wire your bank transfer. We must receive a copy of the bank transfer receipt before the published deadline in order to guarantee your price.
Last minute booking: CCC cannot guarantee that we will be able to reserve tickets and rooms at this late stage but we will try our best. Thank you for your understanding.
CCC will respond to every email concerning payment immediately. If you do not hear from us this may indicate that we may not have received your email and we would advise you to call us to confirm. We cannot guarantee that we receive every email so the onus is on you to ensure we receive the payment information before the published deadlines. Thank you for your understanding.