Located in the south of China,not far from Vietnam, Guilin is one of top ten destinations for both local Chinese and foreigners. It has China's most "Chinese" scenery, the subject of thousands of paintings in China and has been eulogized in innumerable literary works. The limestone karst peaks along the Li River are especially magnificent, as you see in many paintings, postcards and photos. Other typical scenery includes farmers wearing straw and planting seeds and sprouts with water buffalo in the wet paddy fields; fishermen casting nets and cormorants lining up on the edges of the wooden boats. The life of Chinese minorities in the countryside is another attraction of the trip.
is located 70mk away from Guilin in the northeast part of Guangxi province. It is featured with the typical karst terrain. It is home to Zhuang, Yao, Miao and eight other minority groups what makes a stay very special.
Dragon Backbone (Longji) Rice Terraces
In northeast Guangxi you will find the Dragon Backbone Rice Terraces (Longsheng Rice Terraces) which offer an amazing scenery with minority villages scattered among it.
* Leisurely walk along a branch of the Li River at Yangshuo, viewing the limestone carst peaks along the Li River, and visit villages scattered in the limestone karst hills.
* Bamboo rafting along the Li river for about 40 minutes
* Cycle along Yulong River in Yangshuo and pass several authentic villages.
* Stay overnight on top of Longji and enjoy the beautiful terrace rice fields from the summit .
Day 1: Fly into Guilin / Longsheng (Dragon backbone Rice Terrace)
Beijing departure: Beijing-Guilin by plane about 09:40-12:35
Shanghai departure: Shanghai Hongqiao -- Guilin by plane about 10:30--12:45
Other locales departure: we welcome those to join us from other locales and meet us in Guilin.
- Fly into Guilin in the morning. Upon arrival,transfer to Longsheng and climb up the Longji (Dragon Backbone) Rice Terrace.
- Check in the hotel on the summit of the Rice Terrace Hill.
- Free time to walk and hike the hills and take photos.
- Stay overnight in Longsheng.
A boutique hotel on the hill (L)
Day 2: Longsheng / Yangshuo
- Wake up early and go for a walk if you want to see sunrise over the glittering rice terrace.
- Walk to some view spots of this famous Dragon Backbone (Longji) Rice Terrace and explore some Zhuang ethnic minority villages.
- Depart this stunning landscape in the afternoon to Yangshuo (2 hours' drive).
- Explore your own favorite restaurant to have dinner.
- Stay overnight in Yangshuo.
Five-star hotel (B, L)
Day 3: Yangshuo (bamboo rafting; hike along the river & cookery class from market to table)
- Float down the stream of one section of Li River in Yangshuo on bamboo raft for around 40 minutes.
- Take leisurely walk for around 2-3 hours, along the highlight section of the Li River in Yangshuo, where the most magnificent landscape is located. You will walk through some villages and meet locals.
Note: The Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo is too long; some part of the cruise has dull scenery.
- Explore the local cuisine including a tour of the Yangshuo market to learn about the ingredients used in this area.
- Then learn to cook Chinese food in Yangshuo.
- Stay another night in Yangshuo.
Five-star hotel (B, L)
- Evening scenery: the steep hills are reflected in the clear water of the river that winds between the peaks. You may encounter the fishermen with cormorants float by on their bamboo rafts.
- The outdoor Night show:
"Impression Sister Liusanjie" is a magnificent outdoor night show (choreographed and directed by famous Chinese film director Zhang Yimou and performed by hundreds of local villagers) will be shown on the Li River every night with the backdrop of the mountains. It is optional but recommended.
Day 4: Yangshuo (cycling in Yangshuo) / Guilin / Fly out
- Cycle the fascinating Yangshuo township, plantings fields, market and explore the beautiful villages, till we get to the foot of the Moon Hill. ( If you don’t ride a bike, we can arrange golf cart for you.)
- Have lunch outside by the Moon Hill.
- Transfer to the airport in late afternoon and fly out.
Please note that the flights or timing of flights mentioned in the above itinerary may change subject to ticket availability and airline scheduling. Alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
CCC Travel does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private tour and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private journeys for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
4-day bespoke tour prices
10% discount for children under 12
Single supplement RM1,600 for 3 nights
Private English-speaking guide(s) (selected by CCC)
Experienced Chinese-speaking driver and quality, air-conditioned vehicle
All accommodations based on double-occupancy (Five-star hotels or equivelant boutique hotels)
All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
All meals as noted in the itinerary
What's Not Included:
Domestic flights and relevant taxes
(If you want us to book your domestic flights in this itinerary, please let us know.)
Meals apart from those included in the itinerary
Expenses of a personal nature
Excursions and activities not included in the itinerary
Discretionary gratuities for guides and drivers
Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
We offer our itineraries as suggestions only; all of our tours can be tailored to your individual interests.The above prices may change based on any specific requirements you may have. The extended trip is available upon request.
Prepayment is necessory so we can book your flights/train tickets/car transportation and guides.
Click here for details Payment method