The Shaolin Temple Experience programs offer an exclusive opportunity to not just study kungfu inside Shaolin Temple with genuine Shaolin warrior monks, but to experience life and culture both inside and outside the Temple walls. Suitable for novices and those with martial arts backgrounds alike, they offer the perfect program to enable you to get a taste of both Chinese kung fu and traditional culture at one of the most iconic locations in China.
The China Culture Center works with AJ, a British who has been in China over 10 years, and during that time has studied and taught martial taichi, and studied traditional Chinese medicine. He will act as one of the trainers and translators for our Shaolin Study Program. Besides, the program is organized in association with Shaolin Temple International Liaisons Office.
The programs offer a variety of study and experience opportunities, including:
- daily kungfu training sessions with a Shaolin monk inside the temple
- daily taichi and qigong classes
- daily training in how to apply the techniques learnt
- daily Chinese language classes (on the 10-day program)
- an optional sightseeing excursion (on the 10-day program)
Travel between Beijing and Shaolin, all meals, all training and all accommodation are also included in the price of the program, together with a free outfit, commonly worn by students who study kungfu at the Shaolin Temple. Full details on what is on what is included in the price can be seen here.
The courses run every month from July to October, 2015, and are limited to 8 people per program for the 10-day programs, and 5 people for the 5-day program..
The total cost of these programs start at just 2200RMB in July, including all transport, accommodation, food and training.
CCC Travel does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private tour and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private journeys for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
- Classic China Journey: Beijing-Xi'an-Guilin/Yangshuo-Suzhou/Hangzhou-Shanghai
- 14-day Classic China Journey: Beijing/Xi'an/Chengdu/Tibet/Shanghai
- Discovering Taiwan (Taipei, Hualien and Yilan)
- The Shaolin Temple Retreat & Experience programs
- 3/4-day Tour to Hong Kong & Macau
- Three-day Shanghai Exploration