Guizhou of Southwest China has long been remote, stagnant and backward, however, unspoiled by tourism development as seen in surrounding provinces such as Guangxi, Yunnan and Sichuan. Its relative isolation has made the region one of the best kept secrets in China; its stunning landscape, characterized by limestone karst hills, jagged peaks and terraced rice fields, as well as its colorful ethnic minority cultures that have made Guizhou a paradise for anthropologists, photographers and adventurous travelers.
This 4-day tour will go into mountains and valleys of Yungui Plateau to explore several charming nature villages, hike the fields and hills of remote villages and organize one-night homestay in the village houses.
Suggested Itinerary for A Private Custom-made tour
- includes extended tour options
Note: This is an off-the-beaten track tour of CCC to explore some authentic and unknown minority ethnic villages of this already remote and backward province of Guizhou in southwest of China. Meet the people doing their daily works (weaving, embroidering, planting, feeding animals, doing other house works all outside of home in the villages), take some hike over the rice terrace and pass through wood, stay one night in the village and visit some traditional handicraft workshops.
You will experience authentic village life of minority people, colorful clothing, beautiful landscapes and unique wooden buildings, and pleasant sub-tropical area of southwest of China.
Day 1: Fly into Guiyang/Kaili
- Beijing departure: Beijing -- Guiyang by air about 09:00--12:00.
- Shanghai departure: Shanghai Hongqiao -- Guiyang by air about 09:05--11:30.
- Other locales: we welcome those to join us from other locales and meet us in Guiyang.
- Arrive at Guiyang Airport and transfer to Kaili, capital of Southeast Guizhou Ethnic Regions.
- Drive 40 minutes to a Qingman Miao Ethnic village nested on the rice terrace, where the local villagers are weaving on their looms or hand-weave threads into colorful fabric.
- Stay overnight in Kaili.
Grand Metropark Hotel,Kaili(L, D)
Day 2: Kaili/Explore unique and authentic Miao Villages/ Miao village homestay
- Drive one hour to a very unique ethnic village, where people wear armour-like clothes. They are regarded by historians as the 57 ethnic group of China (Officially China has 56 ethnic people), but not officially listed.
- Drive to a Long-skirt Miao village and stay overnight in a village man's wooden building to gain a real experience of the local life and village scenery within the rice terrace .
- CCC Travel arranges clean bedding in the local wooden houses - two beds in a room; western sitting style toilets and showers are available in the wooden building.
(B, L, D)
Day 3: Miao Village/hike across the rice terrace hill from one Miao Village to another
- Walk around in this Long-skirt Miao people's villages (Women wear long-skirts in this village). Visit their hundred-year old traditional granary and listen to their old folk sing-along.
- In the afternoon, have a 2-3 hours moderate hike from one Miao village to another by climbing cross the rice terrace hill along the paddy path (some section of the trail is steep).
- Stay another night in the village.
(B, L, D)
Day 4: Leishan/Another two Miao Village visits / Leishan / Guiyang Airport / Fly Out
- Visit a famous Miao traditional musical instrument master's studio and watch him making lusheng - traditional Chinese musical instrument with multiple bamboo pipes.
- Explore special Miao villages for short-skirt Miao people and their unique granary on water.
- Drive 3.5 hours to Guiyang.
- Transfer to Guiyang Airport and fly out.
- About the homestay, it is a wooden building in a Miao Village, the extra rooms are available for receiving his guests, not hostel or nongjia le style guest house. Two beds in one room; shower and toilets are not available in the room but in the building.
- It's Miao custom that visiting men and women sleep in separate rooms. Because of this, during our stay with the Miao, couples--even married ones--will not be able to share a room.
- Single Supplement on this tour only applies to the first night in Kaili, the rest two nights, you will have to share the room with other CCC client(same gender).
Please note that the flights or timing of flights mentioned in the above itinerary may change subject to ticket availability and airline scheduling. Alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
CCC Travel does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private tour and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private journeys for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
4-day bespoke tour prices
10% discount for children under 12
Single supplement RM700 for 3 nights
Private English-speaking guide(s) (selected by CCC)
Experienced Chinese-speaking driver and quality, air-conditioned vehicle
All accommodations based on double-occupancy (Five-star hotels or equivelant boutique hotels)
All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
All meals as noted in the itinerary
What's Not Included:
Domestic flights and relevant taxes
(If you want us to book your domestic flights in this itinerary, please let us know.)
Meals apart from those included in the itinerary
Expenses of a personal nature
Excursions and activities not included in the itinerary
Discretionary gratuities for guides and drivers
Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
We offer our itineraries as suggestions only; all of our tours can be tailored to your individual interests.The above prices may change based on any specific requirements you may have. The extended trip is available upon request.
Prepayment is necessory so we can book your flights/train tickets/car transportation and guides.
Click here for details Payment method
- 4-Day Southeast Guizhou (Ethnic Culture, Hiking & Village Homestay)
- Sisters' Meal Festival at Guizhou
- Highlights of West & Southeast Guizhou & Ethnic Culture
- Southwest China's Ethnic Groups and Landscape in Guizhou & Hunan
- Western Guizhou: Karst Landscape, Old Han & Long Horn Miao Village
- In-depth Southeast Guizhou to Dragon Backbone Terrace