Sichuan is the home to Giant Panda. China's Giant Panda breeding center is located in Ya'an in Sichuan Province, which provides the ideal natural environment for panda, mountains, rivers and bamboo forests.
Located in the southeast of Tibet, Sichuan is diverse in landforms. The west of the province features deep valleys, modern glaciers and swamps. You will be hiking through the Hailuo Guo National Glacier Forest Park, which boasts many geographic attractions, including ancient glaciers, grand glacier cascade, virgin forests, wild animals and hot springs, etc.
This tour will also include the Sanxingdui Museum with an archaeological site of an ancient Chinese city, which is considered to be more outstanding than the Terracotta Army in Xi'an.
Of course, you will try the most popular cuisine all over China - Sichuan Cuisine, and visit the tea houses in Chengdu. Nowhere is China’s tea culture better represented than in Sichuan province. Nowadays, Sichuan province is the only place where they still play a major role in people's daily life. Many locals seem to spend all day everyday here, sitting by the small lake, sipping tea while they play cards, gossip, have their hair cut or even have their earwax removed!
1.Hailuogou (Conch Gully) National Glacier Forest Park is located on the eastern side of Gonggar Mountain in Luding County of Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture of Garze, Sichuan Province.
The park boasts many geographic attractions, including ancient glaciers, grand glacier cascade, virgin forests, wild animals and hot springs, etc.
Glaciers in Hailuogou are typical modern marine glaciers, which are rarely found either in low-latitude places or at low altitude. Its lowest point is only 2,850 meters above sea level. Leshan Giant Budda Statue
2. Natural Panda Reserve
There are several places you can see pandas. At the Chengdu City Panda Research Institute is the biggest oen with over 60 pandas, CCC will take you to the natural reserve where Pandas enjoy more free spaces and you can hold baby pandas for pictures.
3. Sanxingdui Museum
Sanxingdui is an archaeological site of an ancient Chinese city when in 1987 archaeologists excavated remarkable artifacts dated as being from the 12th-11th centuries BCE. The sacrificial pits contain thousands of gold, bronze, jade, and pottery artifacts that had been broken (perhaps ritually disfigured), burned, and carefully buried. Researchers were astonished to find an artistic style that was completely unknown in the history of Chinese art, whose baseline had been the history and artifacts of the Yellow River civilization. All the Sanxingdui discoveries aroused scholarly interest, but the bronzes were what excited the world. Task Rosen of the British Museum considered them to be more outstanding than the Terracotta Army in Xi'an.
A museum has set up for years near the city of Guanghan housing these mysterious artifacts.
4. Jiayang Steam Train Ride in the Leshan Mountains (not included in the set departures all the time, optional)
Jiayang steam train is one of the few steam trains running on narrow gauge railways in China. Riding on the Jiayan train in the mountains heading into Bajiaogou town. The mountain view is spectacular as there are no roads, only alleyways and stairways meandering among the weathered old buildings of the town. Wandering around the town is like entering a 50-year time warp. The town is strangely quaint and even tranquil. More local bustle can be found on the train, watching the inhabitants go to town with agricultural produce and return laden with meat and household accessories.
5. Sichuan Cuisine
Sichuan Cuisine is currently most popular all over China. UNESCO has declared the city of Chengdu (capital of Sichuan) to be a city of Gastronomy in 2011, mainly because of its Sichuan style of cooking. It is a style of Chinese cuisine originating in the Sichuan Province of southwestern China famed for bold flavors, particularly the pungency and spiciness resulting from liberal use of garlic and chili peppers, as well as the unique flavour of the Sichuan peppercorn. The representative dishes include Kung Pao chicken, Tea smoked duck, Twice cooked pork, Mapo dofu, and Sichuan hotpot.
6. Teahouses in Chengdu
Nobody does tea better than the Chinese. And nowhere is China’s tea culture better represented than in Sichuan province. Nowadays, Sichuan province is the only place where they still play a major role in people's daily life. As Sichuan's capital city, Chengdu naturally has its fair share of wonderful teahouses. One teahouse, in the city’s most central park, is perfect people-watching material. Many locals, particularly elderly ones, seem to spend all day everyday here, sitting by the small lake, sipping tea while they play cards, gossip, have their hair cut or even have their earwax removed! RMB 10 per ear, in case you were wondering.
7. One of them is the Leshan Giant Buddha Statue, the largest Buddha statue carved into a mountain in the world. It is over 71m high and there is enough space for more than 100 people to sit between its feet. The Wolong Panda Natural Reserve is the only panda reserve in the world, providing the ideal natural environment for panda, mountains, rivers and bamboo forests. It is different from the Panda Breeding Center in the capital Chengdu.
* Hold a panda and take photos in the nature reserve.
* Hike the Bifengxia Gorge
* Hike the Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park
* Learn mysterious Sanxingdui culture and watch artifacts which are supposed to be more outstanding than the Terracotta Army in Xi'an.
* Savor authentic Sichuan dishes in Chengdu.
* Visit the local tea house of Chengdu, only place where they still play a major role in people's daily life.
* Ride on the old steam train in the mountains or wandering around Bajiaogou town - like entering a 40-year time warp. （not included in the group tour, available upon request）
For this Sanya Beach Relaxation tour, CCC just offer air tickets, hotel booking and transportation services. You organize your own activities on the beach and in Sanya, and arrange your own meals.
Book here to let us know your travel dates and your requirements.
- Sichuan Panda Natural Reserve, Leshan Giant Buddha & Sanxingdui
- Sichuan's Fairyland Jiuzhaigou, Panda and Giant Buddha
- Sichuan's Mountains - Emei Shan & Qingcheng Shan
- Chengdu,Ya'an Panda Reserve and Hailuogou Glacier Park Hike
- Ancient City Xi An (Terracotta Army Site) & Yangtze River Cruise
- Adventure Tour to Western Sichuan: Yading & Daocheng