"The Historic Centre of Macau" has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2005, making it the 31st designated World Heritage site in China.
Macau is an unique East meets West culture (Portuguese were the first to set foot in China from the west), interesting mix of Portuguese and Chinese architechures around town, old Chinese tradition particularly souther coastal Chinese and fishermen tradition, cultural relic tours, antique shopping, wine museum, Grand Prix museum, Portuguese folk dance and afterall, the gaming and entertaining scenes represented by the long time Stanley Ho empire and the new in town American games providers. Particularly in September you will catch its international firework competition/festival throughout the month.
Macau trip is also an opportunity to experience unique Macanese cuisine (a fusion cuisine which is said that there are only around 30 chefs left in the world. Each family has its tradition of cooking and taste for a dish sharing the same name vaires much).
Day 1 Fly into Hong Kong
Day 2: Hong Kong / Macao
- Free time to shop around in Hong Kong
- Ferry to Macao in the afternoon
- Visit a Macao housing complex exemplifying the living environment in the early 20th century in Taipa village.
- We will go to Macau specialty street in their Tea Time, and try a famous Macanese egg tarts by the well-known Andrew's in Coloane (of course a nice coffee is included) and then visit the St. Francis Xavier (Coloane) and the surrounding old fishing village area in Coloane.
- In the evening, we will sample seafood in TONG WU Seafood restaurant (Traditional Cantonese cuisine).
- After dinner, free time to Casino Lisboa, the symbol of Macao and the cornerstone of the famous Stanley Ho empir - check out its construction style with Feng Shui in mind or take a little walk to the Guia RIZE.
- The evening will be free time for Macao Food Festival. The Festival will comprise Macau Street, Asian Cuisine Street, Greater China Street and Portuguese Street. Game booths and a variety of performances add to the fun.
- Stay the night in Macao.
Day 3 Macao
- This morning we first try Cantonese Dim Sum in LongHua Chinese Restaurant, which is the most traditional and oldest Cantonese restaurant in Macao.
- Visit the RED MARKET, a British style building, where you can learn the living style and local foods.
- Next, we will explore some cultural heritage sites in Macao: City Hall Plaza, St Paul' s Ruin, Monte Fort, Museum of Macao, House of the Lus, main street and the red window street.
- We will have Portuguese cuisine lunch in LITORAL (1st class), the most famous Portuguese restaurant in Macao,
- Visit the Golden Lotus Plaza, a memorial site for the return of sovereignty of Macao to China in 1999.
- Walk into the Wine Museum and Macao Grand Prix Museum (one glass of Portuguese red-wine free).
- Afterwards, we go to Sands casino, the first American casino in Asia. And we visit Macao Tower for sightseeing floor.
- Return to Hong Kong by ferry and stay overnight.
Day 4 Hong Kong / Fly out
- Free time to stroll around in Hong Kong
- Transfer to the airport and fly out.
CCC Travel does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private tour and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private journeys for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.