On this weekend trip (by coach) to Yu County or Yuxian, part of Zhangjiakou City in Hebei Province, we will visit some old pagodas and pavillions, well-preserved Taoist temple with 400 years-old murals, and Nuanquan old town, a well-preserved castle, the earthen rampart walls of which remain in some spots. The Nuanquan town still retains the old nothern rural China atmosphere.
One highlight in Yu County is the outdoor performance of the first evening - Da Shu Hua (literally beating tree flowers), a hundreds-year old local tradition that the molten iron are flung against the castle walls to create firework display!
On the second day, we will visit an off-the-beaten track old village and castle in the suburb as well as paper-cutting viliage old temple with murals. The local gala shows and folk performances will be on during the Chinese New Year in and out of the Nuanquan old town.
The Jimingyi,or Cock Crows Post Town in translation, is on the way back to Beijing. But CCC skips it as it is similar to two castles of the trip, and is not authentic compared to the one CCC discovered in the suburb.
The coach will depart from CCC office at 8:00am and be back the next day at around 6:00pm.
Day 1 Beijing / Yu County, Hebei
- Board on the coach at CCC at 08:00 and depart for Yu County
- Arrive at the Yu County on 11:30, check in the hotel and have lunch.
- Visit the fortress like township
- Attend the local Lantern Festival celebration and watch their unique molten metal fireworks. Farmers carry barrels of hot molten iron and throw them high in the air and onto the wall, illuminating the whole fortress.
- Stay overnight in a local 4-star hotel.
Day 2 Yu County / Beijing
- Visit the local temples and paper-cutting studios
- Join their lantern festival daytime celebration - firecrackers and gaily bedecked, lively folk dancers, performers and crowds of hospitable, curious farmers - all to the accompaniment of the din of drums and gongs..
- Lunch, free time and leaves Yu County at around 3pm, and return to Beijing at around 18:30-19:00.
Please note that alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
CCC Travel does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private tour and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private journeys for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
2-day bespoke tour prices
10% discount for children under 12
Single supplement RM250 for 1 night
An English-speaking guide of CCC from Beijing.
Round trip (Beijing-Yu Country-Beijing) transportation and city tour in Yu Country by quality, air-conditioned vehicle.
All accommodations based on double-occupancy. (Four-star hotels or equivelant boutique hotels)
All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
All meals as noted in the itinerary
What's Not Included:
Meals apart from those included in the itinerary
Expenses of a personal nature
Excursions and activities not included in the itinerary
Discretionary gratuities for guides and drivers
Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
We offer our itineraries as suggestions only; all of our tours can be tailored to your individual interests.The above prices may change based on any specific requirements you may have. The extended trip is available upon request.
Prepayment is necessory so we can book your flights/train tickets/car transportation and guides.
Click here for details Payment method