Listed as one of top ten most beautiful villages of China, Wuyuan township has untouched ancient villages set in the breath-taking natural scenery. From mid to the end of March, yellow rapeseed flowers bloom everywhere, a paradise for photographers. We will fly into Jiujiang near Wuyuan, then hike lightly and cycle around Wuyuan villages and fields, visit well-maintained ancient houses and learn their special folk customs. Then we will drive to Jingdezhen, China's China's capital city for ceramics and porcelain wares, to tour their traditional porcelain workshops and kilns. Then fly out from Jingdezhen.
Jingdezhen, located in China's southeast, is Ceramics Metropolis" of china in old China. During the Sòng dynasty, Jingdézhèn came to dominate porcelain production and gained its name from a decision by the Sòng Jingdé emperor (reigned 1004-1007) to upgrade it to a town. It dominated world porcelain production for nearly 1,000 years, and via the treaty ports, to an increasingly enthusiastic European market.
Some kilns were employed solely for the making of wares for the emperors and their officials. The first kiln site to produce white china and to use certain underglaze painting techniques, Jingdézhèn reached its peak of technical brilliance during the mid-17th to late 18th century with the gaudy full- colored enamel overglaze illustrations of famille vert and famille rose china.
Wuyuan is a historical township surrounded by untouched ancient villages, which boasts breathtaking natural scenery, well-maintained ancient houses and special folk customs.
Wuyuan, has been listed by the China National Geography as one of the top 6 most beautiful village-style ancient townships in China in 2005.
Day 1 Beijing/Shanghai-Jingdezhen
- Take the afternoon flight to Jingdezhen.
- Beijing departure: CA1887 16:45-18:55
- Shanghai departure: ZH9722 09:25-10:25 Visit the Ancient Ceramic Kiln and Museum of Ceramic History, learn the process of porcelain-making. And then visit a ceramics market
- Have dinner and stay overnight in Jingdezhen.
(B, L, D)
Day 2: Wuyuan/ (Trekking and Hiking)
- Take a 40 minutes drive to Wuyuan. Wuyuan was listed in 2005 by China National Geography as top 5 most beautiful ancient towns in China. It is also regarded as the prettiest town in central China.
- Explore the ancient villages.
- Trekking and hiking the terraces of rapeseed flowers.
- Stay overnight in a guesthouse.
(B, L, D)
Day 3 Wuyuan (Cycling)
- Wake up early for the stunning sunrise over the “sea” of yellow rapeseed flowers.
- After breakfast, take a light walking down the mountain and then drive to visit another two villages in the Northern Wuyuan
- Cycle through the breath-taking villages and flower field.
- Stay another night in the local guesthouse.
(B, L, D)
Day 4 Wuyuan/ Jingdezhen/ Fly out
- Drive to visit another two villages surrounded by the flower
- Travel back to Jingdezhen after lunch.
- Visit a ceramic workshop
- Transfer to the airport for the flight back to Beijing/ Shanghai.
(B, L, D)