This is a peaceful and authentic retreat compared to Huitengxile or Xilamuren resort tour. CCC has a special connection with one local Mongol horseman. So you can spend a weekend with a real Mongol family, without any other tourists nor entertainment facilities. You will stay in their spare yurts, which are clean but they do have some lingering smell of mutton and oil, just enough so that you will know it is authentic.
You can watch and even participate in their farm and housework such as milking a cow. You will share the meal with the family. You can ride their horses to roam on the grassland, no other tourists there, it is very peaceful.
So don't expect entertainment there like popular grassland resorts, such as ATV driving, horse-racing, wrestling, fireworks, hiking in the Yellow Blossom Valley. It is a 2-day retreat of quiet relaxation, reading or sleeping on the grassland.
Xilinguole provides similar landscapes and grass (even a bit more lush and green) to Huitengxile, without any of the distractions such as other tourists to disturb you. There is no direct train from Beijing so you can only fly to Xilinhot and then drive to the place.
Xilinguole National Nature Reserve lies in the boundaries of Xilinguole City, the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. Covering a total area of 10,786 square kilometers, Xilinguole National Nature Reserve was established in 1985, the first grassland nature reserve in China, and joined the International Man and Biosphere Reserve Network in 1987. As a matter of fact, with its typicality, Xilinguole Grassland attracted great attention from botanists at home and abroad as early as 1930s.
Please note that CCC offers two separate Inner Mongolia grassland tours (the below Xilin Gol grassland & Hulun Buir grassland). Both of them are good but offer different features depending on what your objective is and what you expect from the tour. In order for you to choose the tour best meeting your needs, we provide some comments here for your reference.
Briefly, this below destination offers a completely non-touristy grassland area and homestay in one real Mongolian herdsmen family. Experience their daily life and works and serene grassland, and immerse yourself in peace.
Suggested Itinerary One (Two-day Trip)
Day 1 Fly into Xilinhot/Grassland
- Take the morning flight to Xilinhot.
- Drive to view awesome scenery of the grasslands, and settle down in yurts of a local herdsman family.
- Have Mongolian lunch - milk tea, horse milk alchohol, finger lambs, and wild vegetables.
- Enjoy peace and serene grassland, learn daily life and activities of the hurdlers. Ride horses, visit the rock piles or search odd stones in the gully.
- Appreciate sunset and then count stars.
Day 2 Grasslands/Xilinhot
Day 3 Xilinhot/Beijing
- In the morning, follow the herdsmen to milk a cow and shear a sheep (only available in June).
- Learn to herd horses.
- Visit pastures nearby and see how people farm the horses for military uses.
- Return to Xilinhot in the evening and check into a 5-star hotel.
Yuanhe Jianguo Hotel Xilingol (B,L)
- Take the morning flight back to Beijing. (For those who need to fly back to Beijing the night of Day 2, then the only choice of evening flight is to land at Nanyuan AIrport, suburb of Beijing, which has high rate of cancellation in summer).
- Please note that the alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
2-day bespoke tour prices
10% discount for children under 12.
Domestic flights and relevant taxes
Private English-speaking guide(s) (selected by CCC)
Experienced Chinese-speaking driver and quality, air-conditioned vehicle
1 night accommodation in the yurt and 1 night accommodation in a 5-star hotel
All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
All meals as noted in the itinerary
What's Not Included:
Expenses of a personal nature
Excursions and activities not included in the itinerary
Discretionary gratuities for guides and drivers
Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
We offer our itineraries as suggestions only; all of our tours can be tailored to your individual interests.The above prices may change based on any specific requirements you may have. The extended trip is available upon request.
Prepayment is necessory so we can book your flights/train tickets/car transportation and guides.
Click here for details Payment method
- Hulun Buir Grassland, Inner Mongolia & Russian Village
- Camel-riding & Camping in Mongolian Desert and Jeep Surfing Sand Dunes
- Homestay in Herdsman's Yurt, Xilin Gol Inner Mongolia Grassland
- Aershan National Forest and Hulunbuir Grassland
- Camping, Camel Riding, Jeep Surfing and Hiking on Mongolian Desert
- Aershan Forest Autumn Tour