Luoyang lies in the "centre of the loess" near to the south of the Yellow River in Henan province. For several centuries, Luoyang was the center of China, a major cradle of Chinese civilization. Luoyang has Longmen Grottoes, one of the 4 most famous Buddhist grottoes in China with over one hundred thousand Buddha figures in more than twenty three hundred niches carved on the hill; Luoyang is also known for its famous Shaolin Temple on Songshan Mountain - the cradle of Shaolin Kung Fu and the number one Buddhist temple in China. The annual peony fair in April exhibits over 350 varieties of peony, national flower of China.
The Annual Peony Fair in April
A flower of elegance and poise, peony is emblem flower of Luoyang, and once emblem flower of China during imperial China era. The annual Peony Fair is from April 5- May 5 (but the prime time for blossom is between April 10-28). The hotel is much more expensive than other months of the year. Over 350 varieties of peony are cultivated in several peony gardens of Luoyang. When the flower blooms each April, Luoyang celebrates with a month-long floral display, street entertainment, lantern shows, exhibitions of traditional Chinese calligraphy, painting, photography and symposiums.
The Six Horses Chariots Museum
A newly excavated emperors' pit where a dozen of chariots and scores of horses were found dating back to 770 BC East Zhou Dynasty. Other valuable bronze and pottery articles were available as well. The pit was discovered by the construction workers recently when they built the city center square.
* Longmen Grottoes, one of the four most famous Buddist grottes in China.
* the famous Shaolin Temple and martial arts school visit
* The annual peony fair in April with over 360 varieties of peony, national flower of China.
Suggested itinerary for a private custom-made tour
Day 1 Arrive in Luoyang / Longmen Grottoes/ White Horse Temple
- Take the high speed train to Luoyang in the morning,Drive to Longmen Grottoes.
- Longmen Grottoes, UNESCO-listed world heritage site in 2000. It is one of the 4 most famous Buddhist grottoes in China with over one hundred thousand Buddha figures in more than twenty three hundred niches carved on the hill.
- After lunch, visit the White Horse Temple, the very first temple in China when Buddhism was introduced from India; Afterwards, we visit the Six Horses Chariots Museum, a newly excavated emperors' pit where a dozen of chariots and scores of horses were found dating back to 770 BC East Zhou Dynasty. Other valuable bronze and pottery articles were available as well. The pit was discovered by the construction workers recently when they built the city center square.
Lee Royal Hotel Mudu (L)
Day 2 Luoyang / Kungfu school and Shaolin Temple / Depart Luoyang
- Drive 1.5 hours to the Songshan Mountain, visit a non-governmental Kungfu training boarding school (least visited by tourists), where Shaolin Temple train their Kunfu Monks. we will see kids aged from 4-15 practice Kunfu, and also visit their canteen and dormitory.
- Have vegetarian meal in a restaurant in a nunnery, in the yard under the wisterial flowers.
- Visit the famous Shaolin Temple, the cradle of Shaolin Kung Fu and one of the most famous Buddhist temple in China. Now it serves as a center for Zen Buddhism research and development.
The temple has been quite touristy but is still worth visiting.
- Take a walk to the Forest of Pagodas in the back of Shaolin Temple.
- Drive to Zhengzhou, capital city of Henan and depart.
- Please note that the alternative hotels of similar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
2-day bespoke tour prices
RMB3,100/person/6-9 people10% discount for children under 12
Single supplement RM400 for 1 nights
RMB2,300/person/6-9 people10% discount for children under 12
Single supplement RM400 for 1 nights
Bullet train tickets Beijing-Luoyang,Zhengzhou-Beijing
Private English-speaking guide(s) (selected by CCC)
Experienced Chinese-speaking driver and quality, air-conditioned vehicle
All accommodations based on double-occupancy (Five-star hotels or equivelant boutique hotels)
All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
All meals as noted in the itinerary
What's Not Included:
Meals apart from those included in the itinerary
Expenses of a personal nature
Excursions and activities not included in the itinerary
Discretionary gratuities for guides and drivers
Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
We offer our itineraries as suggestions only; all of our tours can be tailored to your individual interests.The above prices may change based on any specific requirements you may have. The extended trip is available upon request.
Prepayment is necessory so we can book your flights/train tickets/car transportation and guides.
Click here for details Payment method