Shangri-La (Zhongdian): this is where Hilton described in his book “The Lost Horizon” Shangri-la to be. The rugged Tibetan landscape and local Tibetan cultures indeed make it one highlight of the trip.
Day 1 Beijing/Shanghai- Zhongdian(Shangri-la)
- Take the flight to Diqing, upon arrival, transfer to the hotel to check in. Songtsam Hotel Lvgu.
Day 2 Shangri-la
- Visit the Songzanlin Monastery, one of the largest Tibetan monasteries in Yunnan.
- Then drive to a pristine Tibetan village on the ancient tea-horse route, where you will be visiting home run workshops that makes beautiful black pottery from red clay and kilning it stacked in an open fire
- Have lunch.
- Arrive at Deqin County, 80% of its 55,000 inhabitants are Tibetan. It is a great place to hike around (3550m)
- Visit the Dongzhulin Monastery and meditate with the monks.
- Appreciate the Meili Snow Mountain also known as the most sacred mountain in the world on the view platform (3400m).
- Stay overnight at the CC Regalia Resort & Spa Hotel. (4-star)
Day 3 Deqin / Hike Rongzhong &Yubeng
- Hike to Yubeng-one of the most picturesque villages nestled in an alpine valley, surrounded by snow peaks, multi coloured forests, and waterfalls. There are numerous treks one can make from the village
- The 9 km (one way) hike takes about 6-7 hours in total (6.5km uphill and 2.5km downhill) with 1284 meters vertical gain. For those who find the hike difficult there is an option of hiring a horse or mule.
- There are 2 tea-houses on the way up where you can buy some water and simple snacks and a tea-house at the top of Yakou pass. The accommodation in Yubeng is basic
- Stay overnight at Yubeng Village.
Day 4 Yubeng
- Hike from Yubeng Village to the Holy Waterfall where the local pilgrims.
Day 5 Yubeng/ Mingyong Village
- Hike back from Yubeng and then take a short ride to Mingyong Village.
- Stay overnight at Mingyong Village.(basic accommodation)
Day 6 Mingyong/ Glacier hike
- Hike from Mingyong Village to Glacier and drive back to Zhongdian.
- Stay overnight at Zhongdian.
Day 7 Zhongdian
- Fly out.
Extension: Spend two days at the Geladan tented resort --the first boutique tent resort in China. Also it’s the highest boutique tent resort all over the world at present, which is located in the largest national park in Yunnan Province—Lijiang Laojun Mountain National GeoPark, height 3600 meters above sea level. The place is named as “the last Sukhavati in Lijiang”, and “ the quiet Utopia” on the top of the mountain.
- Please note that the flights or timing of flights mentioned in the above itinerary may change subject to ticket availability and airline scheduling. Alternative hotels of similiar standards will be used if any of the hotels mentioned in the itinerary is unable to provide enough accommodation.
CCC Travel does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private tour and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private journeys for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.