Shawn Shieh was an Associate Professor of Political Science at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY until 2007. He is now based in Beijing and currently a visiting scholar in an university in Beijing and teaches classes on Chinese politics and foreign relations. He is co-editor of the book, State and Society Responses to Social Welfare Needs in China: Serving the People (2009). Currently, he is engaged in a research project on the effect of the Sichuan earthquake on Chinese NGOs, and writing a book on social activism in China that profiles founders of prominent NGOs. He is also a commentator on China Radio International.
The talk will be conducted in English.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private class or workshop and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private activities or events for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
- Book Talk By Lijia Zhang: "Lotus" & China's underground sex industry
- Debate: East and West Family Education
- Cross-culture Discussion: Chinese Education
- Talk: China's Rural-Urban Migrant Workers
- Talk: Medical System in China
- Lecture: Chinese Population
- Talk: China's Current Examination System
- Talk: Gays & Lesbians in Beijing