* Part 1 will covers the period from the beginning of human activities in China to 1800.
* Part 2 will cover from 1800 to the present-day.
The "Contemporary China" lectures will lay stress on the political development and social changes, while, at the same time as expanding on the civilization and cultural aspects of contemporary China. The lectures will be conducted in English assisted by images and PowerPoint presentation.
Lecture I, The Last Days of the Chinese Empire in the Globalization Process
Lecture II, The Republican Period and the Sino-Japanese War, 1911-1945
Lecture III, The Ascent of the Communist Party and the Early Days of the PRC, 1927-1958
Lecture IV, From the Great Leap Forward to the Cultural Revolution, 1958-1978
Lecture V, Economic Reform & China Rises 1978-1992 & 1993-2011 ( Crackdown of The Gang of Four, Reform, Deng Xiaoping's Speech in Nanxun, China entered WTO,etc.)
CCC's mission is to promote a deeper understanding and appreciation of Chinese culture by offering a wide variety of cultural activities and events to our members. Fees to certain programs such as this are provided on a non-profit basis and are meant to only cover actual costs of that specific program. You can help us by registering in advance of the program so that we can minimize the cost of these programs. Your contribution helps us to continue offering such programs in the future.
About the lecturer:
Professor Terri I-chuan Wu received her Education in Taiwan through the sophomore year at the National Chengchi University and passed the Higher National Civil examination before finishing her university and master degree in Sophia University, Tokyo Japan. She did her PhD in Louvain University in Belgium and went on to be selected as researcher of Belgian National Funds for Scientific Research (FNRS) and professor at Louvain University. Having visited China regularly since 1980 and for the past 4 years has resided in Beijing.
Venue:China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China.
- 4-session Chinese History Course
- Ancient Chinese History Lectures
- Lecture: China and Europe/US from 1368 till 2009
- Book Talk: "Socialism Is Great!" by Zhang Lijia
- Talk: News Photograph in China
- Talk: Chinese Imperial Bureaucracy
- Talk: World War II in Modern China--Ambiguous Foreign Heroes and Contested Histories"
- Illustrated Talk: The Sent-Down Youth & Shaolin Monks