In a socialist country like China, is medication and treatment reimbursed or subsidized ? Does the state provide health insurance ? Basic health insurance is indeed provided, with the possibility of signing up for supplementary company or individual health insurance. But is this sufficient to pay the bills ? How do medical staff feel about the system ? As in all socialist countries, doctors and nurses are usually underpaid with unfavorable working conditions as hospitals tend to be overcrowded and understaffed. What can be done to improve the situation in China ? How different is the Chinese system from your country ?
Doctor Liu Ye from Beijing will share with you above mentioned issues. She speaks good English. Come and find out!
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
- Book Talk By Lijia Zhang: "Lotus" & China's underground sex industry
- Debate: East and West Family Education
- Cross-culture Discussion: Chinese Education
- Talk: China's Rural-Urban Migrant Workers
- Lecture: Chinese Population
- Talk: China's Current Examination System
- Talk: Gays & Lesbians in Beijing
- Obscura - Photography Talk by Mark Leong