Western musician-scholar Dr. Jeff Roberts, will present a lecture on Ethnic Minority music in China: from Tibetan Music, to the Music of the Muslim Uyghurs, to Ethnicities in Yunnan and the music sounds emanating from the Mongolian people of the Northeast grasslands. Alongside an extensive listening journey through these cultures, Dr. Roberts will sketch the essential characteristics of the cultures that have produced this music as well as a discussion on how this music has either integrated or remained separate from the music traditions of the Han majority.
Venue: China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private class or workshop and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private activities or events for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
- Talk: Western Classical Music in China
- Chinese Music and Instruments Workshop
- Rock Music Talk by Cui Jian
- Kun Opera Workshop
- Lecture: How to Listen to Chinese Music as a Westerner
- Lecture: The World of Chinese Guqin (Zither)
- Talk: Looking Back at a Century of Chinese Drama
- Talk/performance: Rock Music in China