After understanding the foundational system behind this form of art, compare its technique and style with that of western art¡ªjust how different are they? Next, examine calligraphy through the artist¡¯s eyes. What does it take to become a calligrapher¡ªmentally and physically? Your knowledge of the essential tenets of calligraphy will be complete as the teacher explains the fascinating process of creating a piece of calligraphy work and the complex skills that it requires from the artist.
The power point presentation will be done in English. You will have chance to see the master to write and try your own hands using the brushes.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
- Review of Contemporary Chinese Art and Artists
- Contemporary Chinese Art Lecture Series
- Chinese Figure Painting Class
- Write your own Chinese signature in calligraphy
- Talk/Hands-on: Spring Festival & Spring Couplets
- Talk: contemporary female artists in China
- Lecture: Antique Chinese Ceramics
- Chinese Fan-Painting Workshop