With nothing better to do while he waits for a new job, Su, an unemployed bachelor spends his time attending to his love life, making phone calls to a matchmaker and hooking up with women. Shi, also a bachelor, often comes over to stay with Su and the filmmaker to enjoy a hot meal while he waits for his girlfriend to call from Guangzhou. Aiming his camera at the story unfolding around his apartment, the filmmaker captures youth as it comes of age in all its contradictory glory, full of hormones, arrogance and endurance.
Price: RMB 40
Venue: Chinese Culture Club, Beijing, China.
Festivals and Awards
Singapore International Film Festival, 2004
Nomination for the Kodak Award (Cinematography), Shadow Festival, Amsterdam, 2004
Premier Geste Award for Best First Film, Les Ecrans Documentaries, Paris, 2004
Brooklyn Underground Film Festival, New York, 2005
Infinity Festival, Alba, Italy, 2005
About Hsinyu Hu
Hsinyu Hu (b.1969) is an independent producer. In 2000, he began to shoot the DV film Transition, which unfortunately came to a premature end. The Man is his only completed work.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
- Documentary screening: "Found in China"
- Documentary Screening: The Hammer and Sickle Are Sleeping
- Screening: "The Lost Brother"
- Screening: Classic Chinese Animated Films
- Screening: "Cherries Grows on The Pomegranate Tree"
- Screening: "Mao's Last Dancer"
- Screening: "Hollywood Chinese"
- Screening: "Young And Clueless" (qing chun qi)