Olivia Skender-Kraef is currently a PhD candidate with the Institute of Sinology at the Free University of Berlin. Olivia studied sinology, political science, North-American studies and Chinese-English translation in Berlin, Bonn, and Beijing, and has lived, studied and worked in China for 12 years. Since 2002, Olivia has been conducting extensive research on the Yi (Nuosu) of Liangshan, Sichuan Province, particularly in the context of gender, migration, cultural change, minority policy and music.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
- Lecture: Trees & Plants of South China
- Talk: The Less Known Pumi People
- Talk: Yi Women in Liangshan, Sichuan
- Talk: Matriarchal Mosuo Minority at Lugu Lake
- Talk: What to see along Qingzang Railway to Tibet
- Talk: Qinghai-Tibetan Railway Construction
- Talk: The Great Walk of the Great Wall
- Talk: Miao People's current living Environment and Custom