Hutong to Highrise, an organization working with local hutong residents, will showcase photographs taken by hutong residents as well as share the resident' s heartfelt feelings about generations of life and love, family and friends, and hardship and heartbreak. The Hutong to Highrise project creates a platform giving hutong residents a voice to communicate that which outsiders cannot easily observe and invites you to find out more about how residents feel about their hutongs.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
- Lecture: All About Courtyard House - Siheyuan
- Talk: Beijing on the Move
- Talk: Evolution & Destruction of Old Beijing
- History of Chinese Architecture Lecture Series
- Talk: "Transformation Beijing" – From an Imperial Past to Symbols of Modern China
- Talk: Principles of Forbidden City
- Lecture: Old Beijing City Planning & Fengshui
- Talk: Chinese Rural Architecture by Lou Qingxi