They were the first foreigners to do so since 1934; their intention was to record the experiences of the last-remaining witnesses and participants of the original march before it was too late. They succeeded.
Their journey garnered massive interest and controversy in China, spawning a host of imitators. Interweaving extraordinary first hand accounts with historic revelations, McEwen delivers a vivid picture of contemporary China, including the horrors and delights of his own journey.
Andrewe McEwen will share their stories to CCC members, which will be narrated in different perspectives with his previous talks at other organizations in Beijing.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
- Contemporary Chinese History Course
- 4-session Chinese History Course
- Ancient Chinese History Lectures
- Lecture: China and Europe/US from 1368 till 2009
- Book Talk: "Socialism Is Great!" by Zhang Lijia
- Talk: News Photograph in China
- Talk: Chinese Imperial Bureaucracy
- Talk: World War II in Modern China--Ambiguous Foreign Heroes and Contested Histories"