They were the first foreigners to do so since 1934; their intention was to record the experiences of the last-remaining witnesses and participants of the original march before it was too late. They succeeded.
Their journey garnered massive interest and controversy in China, spawning a host of imitators. Interweaving extraordinary first hand accounts with historic revelations, McEwen delivers a vivid picture of contemporary China, including the horrors and delights of his own journey.
Andrewe McEwen will share their stories to CCC members, which will be narrated in different perspectives with his previous talks at other organizations in Beijing.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private class or workshop and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private activities or events for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
- Contemporary Chinese History Course
- 4-session Chinese History Course
- Ancient Chinese History Lectures
- Lecture: China and Europe/US from 1368 till 2009
- Book Talk: "Socialism Is Great!" by Zhang Lijia
- Talk: News Photograph in China
- Talk: Chinese Imperial Bureaucracy
- Talk: World War II in Modern China--Ambiguous Foreign Heroes and Contested Histories"