They also live in one of the poorest regions of China, and for many years have been working hard to improve the situation for themselves, and their children. Recently, John Lombard started a non-profit organization that works hand-in-hand with the Mosuo, to help them get the necessary rexources and expertise to complete projects in cultural preservation, education, and many other areas. The Mosuo Cultural Development Association has already completed projects to set up training centers for local women, and has many more plans in the future.
John Lombard will talk to CCC members about this fascinating Mosuo culture (including beautiful pictures of the Mosuo, and their communities), and about the projects he is doing with them.
About the speaker:
John Lombard is a Canadian businessman who has been in China for 12 years. He works as a professional consultant in Cross Culture and Corporate Culture for multinational firms in China. His abiding interest and passion is culture: both to help people understand the differences between cultures, (and improve communication and cooperation); and to learn more himself about the many different cultures that exist today.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
- Lecture: Trees & Plants of South China
- Talk: The Less Known Pumi People
- Talk: Yi Women in Liangshan, Sichuan
- Talk: What to see along Qingzang Railway to Tibet
- Talk: Qinghai-Tibetan Railway Construction
- Talk: The Great Walk of the Great Wall
- Talk: Miao People's current living Environment and Custom
- Talk: Horse-back Ethnics by Famous Mongolian Photographer