This is a beginner-level Laozi and philosophicial Taoism talk which offers a good opportunity for westerners to learn the background of Laozi and his book "Tao Te Ching", the Taoist themes of the book and its practical application in modern life and negative influence. The key concepts include: the meaning of Dao (Tao), ziran (nature), wu wei ("non-action"); "softness overcomes hardness"; "emptiness, void, and tranquility", Su Pu ("Simplicity"), etc. The wisdom of Laozi and Taoism and its modern day application in everyday life and business & management will also be explained briefly at the end of the talk.
Feng Laoshi, a native Chinese with English major and journalist background, has been reading and studying laozi and other traditional Chinese thoughts and values for many years. He is confident in giving a talk (in English) with an approach more accessible to western audience.
Venue: China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China.
Other related topics of CCC talks include:
-- Wisdom of Chuang Zi (Zhuangzi)
-- Religious Taoism, History and Deities
-- Neo-taoism - the Mysteries Study
- Talk: Wisdom of Chuangzi and His Taoism
- Traditional Chinese Classics and Culture Course
- Talk: Understanding Buddhism & Social Healing
- Lecture: Three religions of Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism
- Talk: The Art of War by Sun-Zi
- Talk: The Zen Path & Three Ways of Meditation
- Talk: Neo-Taoism or Mysterious Study
- Philosophy Talk: The free sprit of Zhuangzi