This is a documentary film and talk of how the famous "red lantern" district of Eight Hutongs in south Beijing were raided with PLA soldiers and prostitution banned within just one night, upon the founding of New China in 1949, and It goes on to show how those ladies were reeducated and transformed in Beijing, Tianjin and Shanghai into regular working women of all trades in a socialist society.
Come watch this rare old footage show, which recorded this special period of Chinese history.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private class or workshop and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private activities or events for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
- Contemporary Chinese History Course
- 4-session Chinese History Course
- Ancient Chinese History Lectures
- Lecture: China and Europe/US from 1368 till 2009
- Book Talk: "Socialism Is Great!" by Zhang Lijia
- Talk: News Photograph in China
- Talk: Chinese Imperial Bureaucracy
- Talk: World War II in Modern China--Ambiguous Foreign Heroes and Contested Histories"