"Zhuangzi" is also the name of the second foundational text of the Daoist philosophical and religious tradition and the name of the putative author of this text, who early historical sources say flourished between about 350 and 300 B.C.E.
Zhuangzi had long been a great popularity among Chinese literati who saw within it support for a withdrawal from a life of social and political service into a private life of reclusion and self-cultivation. If Confucianism came to stand for the foundational philosophy of this ethos of self-sacrifice, the Daoism of the Zhuangzi came to stand for its opposite, the escape from societal pressure into an individual path of freedom.
Renowned professor Wang Qiang from Peking university will share with CCC members his study on Zhuangzi. English interpretation is provided.
Venue: China Culture Center, Beijing, China.
The lectures will be held once every other month. The first 7 topics will be the following:
1. The free sprit of Zuangzi
2. Mozi and universal love, heaven and social welfare
3. The debate between evil and kindness of human nature in Chinese philosophy
4. Neo Confucianism and China's modern fate
5. Sunzi : from guerrilla warfare to modern business management
6. Yijing (I Ching) in the thought system of Chinese
7. A fresh look at Laozi, the person and the book
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this class. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
- Talk: Wisdom of Chuangzi and His Taoism
- Traditional Chinese Classics and Culture Course
- Talk: Understanding Buddhism & Social Healing
- Lecture: Three religions of Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism
- Talk: The Art of War by Sun-Zi
- Talk: The Zen Path & Three Ways of Meditation
- Talk: All about Laozi and Philosophical Taoism
- Talk: Neo-Taoism or Mysterious Study