It starts from mid January till mid of February, but with yearly temperatures rising, the festival's window is getting smaller, so make sure you call ahead to check exact dates if you go on your own. Over 400 ice sculptures made by both Chinese and foreign artists are exhibited there. Minority ethnic songs and dances are presented on the central stage.
1. Wear shoes with friction. It is slippery.
2. Wear warm enough because you will visit at night in the mountain area, which is colder than Beijing
3. Not a lot of walking or climbing is involved. It is sutable for both children and senior citizens.
4. It's a good idea to pack yourself a picnic since there are no food & hot drink stalls, only two mediocre touristic restaurants nearby.
5. All cars and buses have to stop at the parking area, which is quite some distance to the entrance, and transfer via their golf cars (RMB 10 two ways transport) to the park. Or you have to walk 20 minutes in the cold dark night.
For minimal hassle, book a place on a tour with CCC , which includes transport, hot drinks, entrance fee, golf car ticekt.
Bus leaves from the China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, and returns to CCC the same night at around 10pm.
RMB 400/Door Price ; RMB 350/Discounted Prepaid Price
RMB 300 for children ages between 5-11. Free for kids aeged under 5.
It includes English-speaking tour guide, transportation,hot drinks and 100 RMB entrance fee.
Payment Methods: Please click the link here for all six payment options. Since the day tours and classes involve relatively small amount of money, we recommend you to ask your Chinese friends or colleagues to help you transfer the money by WeChat Wallet or Ali Pay, the easiest and fastest ways to make payments in China.
Note: Prepayment shall be made at least one working day before 5pm Beijing time prior to the tour/class time (before Friday 5pm if the tour/class is on Sunday), so CCC staffs are able to check and confirm. If you use international credit card wire the fee (which may take some time), please send us a photocopy of your receipt (a picture by your cellphone) to prove.
Cancellation policy: If you have to cancel after you made prepayment, please let us know (by phone call) 48 hours in advance. 50% of tour/event fee will be charged for cancellation if you do it within 48 hours, 100% of tour/event fee will be charged if you cancel within 24 hours’ notice.
Distance: 80 kilometers (56 miles) north of Beijing center.
Drive time: 1.5-2 hours
Admission fee: RMB 100
How to get there: Badaling Expressway (past the Badaling Great Wall exit), Yanqing district, Beijing (6919 1020)