CCC's back-street-Beijing walking tour will demystify White Cloud Temple, the oldest Taoist site in Beijing. It serves as an active place of worship, an ancestral shrine, a reliquary, and as headquarters for the Chinese Taoism Association.
The we visit the thousand-year old brick pagoda of Tianning Si Temple, which houses a beautiful Buddhist pagoda built during the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-543). This thirteen story tall, octagonal-based Chinese pagoda is made of brick and stone, yet imitates the design of wooden-constructed pagodas from the era by featuring ornamental dougong (bracket supports). Wonderful relief sculptures adorn the four sides of the first storey above layers of massive lotus petals that support the 13 tiers of eves that make this a great example of Liao architecture.
This expert-guided walk will be 3 hours and conducted in English.
Bespoke tour Prices:
RMB 2,200 for 1-4 people
RMB 500/ person for 5-6 people
RMB 450/ person for 7-9 people
RMB 420/ person for 10 people and above
0-4 years old for free
5-7 years old have 50% off
8-11 years old have 20% off
CCC services include:
* CCC's own experienced English speaking expert/ guide.
* Admission fee for all sights in the program.
CCC services exclude:
* Hotel/ home pick-up & drop-off service, quailty, air-conditioned vehicle.
1. We must check the date:
The CCC’s guide or expert may not be available at the time frame you would like to book. We will have to check with them first before we can confirm the time with you.
2. Prepayment is necessary:
Once the guides/experts are confirmed, prepayment is required so we can book his/her time. Click here for details Payment method
3. Corporate Clients
All prices listed are for private individuals. Corporate clients will be separately quoted.
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - Legation Quarter/Colonial Buildings
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - White Dagoba, Emperors' Shrine & Writer Lu Xun
- Backstreet Beijing Walk: Tongzhou District
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - Mosque & Muslim Quarters
- Backstreet Beijing Walk: Red Building & Northern Cathedral
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - Xinjiekou & Huguosi
- Backstreet Beijing Walk: Agricultural God Altar & Farmers' Market