It starts from mid January till mid of February, but with yearly temperatures rising, the festival's window is getting smaller, so make sure you call ahead to check exact dates if you go on your own. Over 400 ice sculptures made by both Chinese and foreign artists are exhibited there. Minority ethnic songs and dances are presented on the central stage.
1. Wear shoes with friction. It is slippery.
2. Wear warm enough because you will visit at night in the mountain area, which is colder than Beijing
3. Not a lot of walking or climbing is involved. It is sutable for both children and senior citizens.
4. It's a good idea to pack yourself a picnic since there are no food & hot drink stalls, only two mediocre touristic restaurants nearby.
5. All cars and buses have to stop at the parking area, which is quite some distance to the entrance, and transfer via their golf cars (RMB 10 two ways transport) to the park. Or you have to walk 20 minutes in the cold dark night.
For minimal hassle, book a place on a tour with CCC , which includes transport, hot drinks, entrance fee, golf car ticekt.
Bus leaves from the China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, and returns to CCC the same night at around 10pm.
Private custom-made Tour Price:
1 participant RMB2300/ each
2 participants RMB1250/ each
3 participants RMB 980/ each
4 participants RMB 860/ each
5 participants RMB 750/ each
6 participants RMB 680/ each
7-8 participants RMB 630/ each
9-10 participants RMB 580/ each
11-14 participants RMB 520/ each
15-20 participants RMB 420/ each
20 participants RMB 350/ each
It includes Englis-speaking guide, private transportation, entrance ticket and soft drink.
- Royal Canal Boat Tour to the Summer Palace
- Beijing Enamel Art (Cloisonné) Factory Visit
- Traditional Chinese Clothing, Accessories & Ornaments Tour
- Peking University Campus Walk
- Daytrip to the Eastern Qing Tombs in Hebei
- Qiaozi Contemporary Artist Village Tour
- Tianjin Concessions & Colonial Architecture Tour
- Eunuch Tombs, Mural and Temple Tour