It starts from mid January till mid of February, but with yearly temperatures rising, the festival's window is getting smaller, so make sure you call ahead to check exact dates if you go on your own. Over 400 ice sculptures made by both Chinese and foreign artists are exhibited there. Minority ethnic songs and dances are presented on the central stage.
1. Wear shoes with friction. It is slippery.
2. Wear warm enough because you will visit at night in the mountain area, which is colder than Beijing
3. Not a lot of walking or climbing is involved. It is sutable for both children and senior citizens.
4. It's a good idea to pack yourself a picnic since there are no food & hot drink stalls, only two mediocre touristic restaurants nearby.
5. All cars and buses have to stop at the parking area, which is quite some distance to the entrance, and transfer via their golf cars (RMB 10 two ways transport) to the park. Or you have to walk 20 minutes in the cold dark night.
For minimal hassle, book a place on a tour with CCC , which includes transport, hot drinks, entrance fee, golf car ticekt.
Bus leaves from the China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, and returns to CCC the same night at around 10pm.
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
Private custom-made Tour Price:
1 participant RMB2,300/ each
2 participants RMB1250/ each
3 participants RMB 980/ each
4 participants RMB 860/ each
5 participants RMB 750/ each
6 participants RMB 680/ each
7-8 participants RMB 630/ each
9-10 participants RMB 580/ each
11-14 participants RMB 520/ each
15-20 participants RMB 420/ each
20 participants RMB 350/ each
0-4 years old for free
5-7 years old have 50% off
8-11 years old have 20% off
CCC services include:
* CCC's own experienced English speaking guide
* Transfers in customary air conditioned coaches
* Entrance ticket
* soft drinks and snack
1. We must check the date:
The CCC’s guide or expert may not be available at the time frame you would like to book. We will have to check with them first before we can confirm the time with you.
2. Prepayment is necessary:
Once the guides/experts are confirmed, prepayment is required so we can book his/her time. Click here for details Payment method
3. Corporate Clients
All prices listed are for private individuals. Corporate clients will be separately quoted.
- Peking University Campus Walk
- Royal Canal Boat Tour to the Summer Palace
- Beijing Enamel Art (Cloisonné) Factory Visit
- Traditional Chinese Clothing, Accessories & Ornaments Tour
- Daytrip to the Eastern Qing Tombs in Hebei
- Qiaozi Contemporary Artist Village Tour
- Tianjin Concessions & Colonial Architecture Tour
- Eunuch Tombs, Mural and Temple Tour