The Great Wall at the Green Mountain Pass, suburb of Tangshan (4 hours' drive) is still unknown to most tourists, both locals and foreigners alike. The village nestled at the foot of the Great Wall and the Mountain is composed of courtyards with rock-piled walls. You will stay overnight in the most authentic courtyard houses in the castle-like village. The room is clean and has standard bathroom. The mountains will be covered with green and yellow blossom of the peach, pear and chestnut trees. The hue changes three times from the bottom up to the top of the mountains.
If you are not a hiking type of person, you can still enjoy walking around in the village, and indulging yourself in the beautiful landscape and peace for a day.
Best travel time: from mid-April to mid- October (it will be freezing from October to early April). It will be chilly or even cold at night even in May or October. You need to bring appropriate clothes. The rooms have electric blankets under the bedding, and the air-conditioner generates some heat as well.
The driving time one way is about 3.5 or even 4 hours, most part are good-quality national road. This trip could combine the Imperial East Qing Tombs on the way.
* Hike or walk on very green and "wild" great wall section in Hebei.
* Visit the largest and most famous imperial tomb complex of China on the way to the wall (optional).
CCC does not offer regular set packages for this tour. However we are happy to help you plan a private custom-made one. Please scroll this web page down to check non-negotiable fixed prices and propose a date for your own group. Please note that we do not create a private tour and then make it available for individual people to join. We also do not contact other people to add to a group tour. Similarly, we can create custom-made private tours or activities for you and your family or friends or co-workers at set-prices.
- Expert-guided Daytrip to the Eastern Qing Tombs in Hebei
- Tianjin Concessions & Colonial Architecture Tour
- Expert-guide Daytrip: The Western Qing Tombs
- Overnight Tour to Tianjin (Concessions & Local Culture)
- Day Trip or Overnight Excursions to Ming Village (Cuandixia)
- Daytrip: Great Wall Mutianyu and Ming Tombs
- Expert-guided Trip: Fengshui Reflected in the Ming Tombs
- Day-trip: Vineyard & Wine-tasting in Huailai