We first head to the Red Building of old Peking University, from where the University students went out to Tian'anmen Square for demonstrations and initiated the famous May Fourth Movement.
You are going to learn the intellectual revolution and sociopolitical reform movement that occurred in China in 1910-20's right after the end of China's last imperial dynasty. The movement was directed toward national independence, emancipation of the individual, and rebuilding society and culture.
Then we will stroll along the old cultural Wusi & Wenjin Street, one of the most beautiful street of Beijing, We pass the corner tower of forbidden city wall and moat, a bridge divided Beihai Park and Zhongnanhai Lakes, till arriving at the old palaces of Beijing library, one of the five biggest libraries in the world. It is a spectacular palace courtyard with historical stone lions and pillars moved from the "old Summer Palace".
After that we will visit the Northern Cathedral , the oldest and largest catholic church of Beijing. It is a beautiful historical church with a combination of Chinese and western architecture. In front of the church are a Chinese pavilion and balustrades with stone lion carvings on the top. Inside the church, you will find the big portrait of the Virgin Mary and Jesus in Ming and Qing Royal robes. Here you will encounter nice Chinese Catholics volunteers.
In the end, we will stroll around the authentic neighborhood in the hutongs and visit some courtyard houses.
Bespoke tour Prices:
RMB 2,200 for 1-4 people
RMB 500/ person for 5-6 people
RMB 450/ person for 7-9 people
RMB 420/ person for 10 people and above
0-4 years old for free
5-7 years old have 50% off
8-11 years old have 20% off
CCC services include:
* CCC's own experienced English speaking expert/ guide.
* Admission fee for all sights in the program.
CCC services exclude:
* Hotel/ home pick-up & drop-off service, quailty, air-conditioned vehicle.
1. We must check the date:
The CCC’s guide or expert may not be available at the time frame you would like to book. We will have to check with them first before we can confirm the time with you.
2. Prepayment is necessary:
Once the guides/experts are confirmed, prepayment is required so we can book his/her time. Click here for details Payment method
3. Corporate Clients
All prices listed are for private individuals. Corporate clients will be separately quoted.
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - Legation Quarter/Colonial Buildings
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - White Dagoba, Emperors' Shrine & Writer Lu Xun
- Backstreet Beijing Walk: Tongzhou District
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - Mosque & Muslim Quarters
- Backstreet Beijing Walk - Xinjiekou & Huguosi
- Backstreet Beijing Walk: Agricultural God Altar & Farmers' Market
- Backstreet Beijing-White Cloud Taoist Temple & Thousand Year Pagoda