Traditionally, temple fairs were a means to attract worshippers, however, over hundreds of years they have become celebrations for the whole community. In recent years Beijing holds more and more temple fairs in the temples and parks around the town, inviting hundreds of excellent folk arts & performing troupes from all over China. Acrobats perform daring stunts, dragon dancers weave in and out of the crowds, vendors sell all things festive, and of course local xiao chi (snacks) are available everywhere. Join Beijing's bustling and lively temple fairs during the Chinese New Year.
We will first give a brief talk at CCC on history of Beijing temple fairs, before we drive to visit a traditional Ditan Altar featuring typical flavour of Chinese temple fair, where you see various handicrafts, food & snack, and performances; then have lunch in a nice Chinese restaurant. After lunch, we wil attend the temple fair in the Grand View Garden, which is modelled after the scene depicted in the famous novel "Dreams of Red Chamers". It is a very good opportunity to watch many rural gala shows and folk performances that we won't see in usual days.
Bus leaves from the China Culture Center.
Bespoke tour Prices:
RMB 2,400 for 1-2 people
RMB 800/ person for 3-5 people
RMB 700/ person for 6-9 people
RMB 650/ person for 10 people and more
0-4 years old for free
5-7 years old have 50% off
8-11 years old have 20% off
CCC services include:
* CCC's own experienced English speaking expert/ guide.
* Admission fee for all sights in the program.
* Hotel/ home pick-up & drop-off service, quailty, air-conditioned vehicle.
1. We must check the date:
The CCC’s guide or expert may not be available at the time frame you would like to book. We will have to check with them first before we can confirm the time with you.
2. Prepayment is necessary:
Once the guides/experts are confirmed, prepayment is required so we can book his/her time. Click here for details Payment method
3. Corporate Clients
All prices listed are for private individuals. Corporate clients will be separately quoted.
- Madame Soong's Residence and Soong Sisters
- Peking University Campus Walk
- Chinese Tea Tour to Maliandao Market
- Tour: White Cloud Monastery & Taoism
- Tour: Writer Lu Xun's Residence & Museum
- Spiritual Journeys (Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism)
- Traditional Chinese Clothing, Accessories & Ornaments Tour
- Learning Tibetan Buddhism in Beijing's Lama Temple