Unlike the Songzhuang artists (in Tongxian), who are famous for their contemporary and radical artworks, most artists living in Shangyuan are mainstream artists who are either professional painters or former art professors of well-known art colleges. This means many of them are economically better off than their counterparts in Songzhuang who can afford to live in fancier houses with large gardens. Because many of the Shangyuan artists are established artists, they also tend to be older than those in Songzhuang, with many well in their fifties and even sixties.
The village is not public space for everyday visitors. CCC arranges appointments with a handful of famous artists who will allow you into their farmer's home style studios (nice villas and gardens even with peacocks) and discuss modern Chinese art with you.
The artists CCC selected engage in a variety of art forms, from modern oil painting, sculpture (wood, clay and bronze) to other modern styles.
It will be 40-50 minutes' drive from Beijing. Meet at the China Culture Center to board the bus.
This tour requires a minimum of 8 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof) and can be scheduled for your group at any time that fits your schedule according to the availability of the artists.
Private Custom-made Tour Prices
RMB 4,000 for 1-8 people
RMB 4,500 for 3-5 people
RMB 5,000 for 6-8 people
RMB 650/ person for a group of 9 people and more
0-4 years old for free
5-7 years old have 50% off
8-11 years old have 20% off
CCC services include:
* CCC's own experienced English speaking guide and home studio visit and chat with the artists.
* Transfers in customary air conditioned coaches
1. We must check the date:
The CCC’s guide or expert may not be available at the time frame you would like to book. We will have to check with them first before we can confirm the time with you.
2. Prepayment is necessary:
Once the guides/experts are confirmed, prepayment is required so we can book his/her time. Click here for details Payment method
3. Corporate Clients
All prices listed are for private individuals. Corporate clients will be separately quoted.
- Daytrip to the Eastern Qing Tombs in Hebei
- Qiaozi Contemporary Artist Village Tour
- Tianjin Concessions & Colonial Architecture Tour
- Eunuch Tombs, Mural and Temple Tour
- Day-trip: The Western Qing Tombs
- Overnight Tour to Tianjin (Concessions & Local Culture)
- Overnight Stay in prestine courtyard within Qingshanguan Great Wall Fort
- Day-trip: Vineyard & Wine-tasting in Huailai