Location: Tongzhou District, southeast suburb of Beijing
Driving time: 1-1.5 hours
Hiking rate: Level 1, no climbing but just some walks along the trails.
Lunch: formal lunch in a nice restaurant
Where to meet: Catch the coach at the China Culture Center, Beijing, China
Beijing Amblers, part of the China Culture Center since 2006, organizes suburb day walks, weekend hikes (at a leisure pace) and overnight trips to places that are still free from the clutches of the tourism industry. It offers both a good day’s exercise and cultural interest (The ancient villages, cultural relics and heritages, rural life and landscapes).
- Royal Canal Boat Tour to the Summer Palace
- Beijing Enamel Art (Cloisonné) Factory Visit
- Traditional Chinese Clothing, Accessories & Ornaments Tour
- Peking University Campus Walk
- Daytrip to the Eastern Qing Tombs in Hebei
- Qiaozi Contemporary Artist Village Tour
- Tianjin Concessions & Colonial Architecture Tour
- Eunuch Tombs, Mural and Temple Tour